How to Associate a Permission Scheme with a Project?

Roger Craig October 8, 2012

I am using these instructions,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions#ManagingProjectPermissions-AssociatingaPermissionSchemewithaProject

but at step 5.:

5. "On the lower right, in the Permissions section, click the name of the current scheme (e.g. 'Default Permission Scheme'...."

I do not see a Permissions section on that page. I am logged in and a member of the administrators group.

How can I fix this?

I am making a new user who can only use one of our projects, but have also full JIRA Administration capabilities on that project.

I have duplicated the default permissions, have associated them with a new group, which only that user is a member of. And I would now like to associate those permissions with the project. However, I do not see where to edit permissions.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2012

Do you have any other admin permissions? If you're missing this one, then it sounds like you're not actually an administrator. You need to check that first. If you do not have any of the other admin permissions, then you need to contact support to make sure you are an admin. If you do, then there's something else going on, and you need to contact support to find out what.

Suggest an answer