How to Associate a Permission Scheme with a Project?

I am using these instructions,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions#ManagingProjectPermissions-AssociatingaPermissionSchemewithaProject

but at step 5.:

5. "On the lower right, in the Permissions section, click the name of the current scheme (e.g. 'Default Permission Scheme'...."

I do not see a Permissions section on that page. I am logged in and a member of the administrators group.

How can I fix this?

I am making a new user who can only use one of our projects, but have also full JIRA Administration capabilities on that project.

I have duplicated the default permissions, have associated them with a new group, which only that user is a member of. And I would now like to associate those permissions with the project. However, I do not see where to edit permissions.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 vote

Do you have any other admin permissions? If you're missing this one, then it sounds like you're not actually an administrator. You need to check that first. If you do not have any of the other admin permissions, then you need to contact support to make sure you are an admin. If you do, then there's something else going on, and you need to contact support to find out what.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

84 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you