How to Assign a QA lead to a component?

ChrisR October 23, 2015

How can an admin set up a QA lead and assign it to a component? There is the component lead in which we set in to the lead developer, but how about a QA lead?

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

Yep, no way to do that on JIRA out of the box. May I suggest to separate your "Dev JIRA Project" to your "Test JIRA Project". This way, you will have "Project Dev Component A" for your "Project Test Component A"

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

There is now way to do this in JIRA. Can I ask how you're trying to leverage this, perhaps as a use-case?

Terri Paik September 1, 2020

Hi @Steven F Behnke our team needs this functionality and our use case is as follows: 

Our workflow is such that the developer assigned to fix the issue should mark the issue Resolved and assign it to QA after the fix has been merged. 

We want to further add an automated rule such that if the status of the ticket is "In Code Review", then when the PR is merged in Github, Jira transitions the status to "Resolved" and sets the assignee to the QA lead for the component. Currently there is no way to express "QA lead for the component". 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2020

I answered this initially about 5 years ago. It's probably best to open a new question.

Suggest an answer