How to Add a custom field in a JIRA SD request type to identify the PERSON who is impacted ?

Bart Van Looy May 11, 2017

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to modify the current JIRA SD templates for a request by adding custom fields to identify: 

1/ the person who raised the request
2/ (in a spearate field) the person/group who is impacted by the issue. (It helps to identify for who you have to find a solution. Becasue the reporter and the impacted person can be different in reality)

For Example: New Computer for

- Reported by: HR person X
- Concerned: New exmployee X

(See screenshot below)

In the default setup of the Request Types it is possible to additional fields but the amount of fields to choose from is limited.

Is there a way to ADD this kind of logic per default in the inteface for each request in JIRA SD Portal ?

Thanks in advance for al lyour suggestions

BArt

TYPe.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi Bart ! 

So I don't know exactly your use case, but to me it's possible to achieve this. I think the step you're missing is that, after you created your custom field, you need to add it first to the issue type associated to the request type. Once it's associated to the issue type, it should appear in the limited choice of fields in the request type. 

Suggest an answer