How to 4 Level cascading field withing JIRA (other than SIL Live fields)

Kayalvizhi Venkatesan February 20, 2018

I have 4 drop-down fields A, B, C and D. Based on the value selected in A, the choice list of B drop-down should change ; based on the value selected in B, the choice list of C drop-down should change and so on till D.

Is there a way to implement this in JIRA? And one more thing, Can I restrict a particular user group ( Non - Jira Administrator) to access these field to add values to the drop-downs A B C D? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2018

Not natively.

You could use behaviours in Script Runner to implement this for end users, but it would be quite complex.

A better option is probably to use the multi-level cascading-select add-on, which is built for doing this.

I don't know if the mlcs add-on supports non-admin maintenance though

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

Hey @Kayalvizhi Venkatesan

As Nic mentioned, nothing is available out of the box.

We've been reviewing add-ons for both of these scenarios:

1. Allowing non-admins to manage dropdown values
  2. Supporting multi-level cascading options

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed/server/overview is ticking all of the boxes. Allowing the values to be managed by non-admins, there's a few options - feed the values in via JSON files that are deployed from something like bitbucket to your server and the nFeed picks them up from there, or, the better option (IMO) would a WebUI that puts the values into a database, then read the values from the DB - or - have the DB output the structured JSON.

CCM

Suggest an answer