How should we change custom field lable name format?

Nikhil Rote September 13, 2017

we created custom field named it  'fieldText'. it is dropdownList. we need to change format of fieldText.  we want this 'fieldText' filed to look bold, in some color.  we are using jira version 7.3.0.

I tried alot under field description, but nothing helped. May be my thinking and approach is wrong. Can any one help?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2017

You can't format the name of a field, they are rendered by Jira using a standard set of html/css.

0 votes
Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017
Nikhil Rote September 13, 2017

Hi Ryan,
          Custom field name should be in colour. Not a text of custom field. My Custom field name is 'fieldText' and i want fieldText in bold and in colour. are you getting my point of view?

Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Hmm..It might be possible to do customfield_XXXX instead of customfield_XXXX-val?

Suggest an answer