How potentially invasive is the Kanban plug-in?

Wendy Hamilton August 14, 2014

I would like to add the Kanban board to our Jira instance, but before I do that I would like to know if adding the board will seem invasive to the projects other than the ones with which I am associated.

Custom fields and other unanticipated additions/plugins have been added in the past that showed up, unwanted, in our projects. I had to dig deeply to "remove" our projects from the "global" application of the new field/functionality.

If I add the Kanban board for our projects, will it litter other projects? Or will the addition of the board be benign to other projects?

Thank you much in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

1. If you installed jira agile - you've already impacted all projects - the plugin creates a set of custom fields and associates them to all default locations.

2. Creation of board does nothing - it just uses those fields / default jira possibilities and shows you nice view.

3. If you want to encapsulate your projects in further - be sure you are using separate schemes for them and do not use the default ones.

There are 7 schemes in jira that can be customized - so if you want total separation - have those schemas created for each project / group of projects.

Wendy Hamilton August 14, 2014

Thank you so much, Alexey. I tried to follow the "Accept Answer" link provided in your email answer and received a HTTP 405 error page.

Your answers are what I had hoped. Now I have one more question.

Once the Kanban board is installed, can it be uninstalled?

Thanks.

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

You can open https://answers.atlassian.comthis page and accept answer from web interface

You are not installing kanban board - you are creating it. And after it is created - it can be deleted instantly.

If you are talking about jira agile plugin - you can uninstall it through UPM. Please note that there would be a set of data left inside your system, but it will not be visible to anyone.

Suggest an answer