How much is it to upgrade the number of users for a JIRA license?

Gavin Gavin May 9, 2013

We would like to understand the cost to upgrade JIRA licenses as more users need to use the system. We currently have an evaluation license so are unable to use the quote generator on the atlassian website. Is there a matrix of upgrade prices? We are interested in bundling Greenhopper and Bonfire - is there a breakdown of the costs in an upgrade?

Thanks,

Gavin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2013

@Gavin

Here's the upgrade pricing tables.

Upgrade pricing tables:

Write to sales@atlassian.com and they will provide you with an exact quote for what you need for your consideration.

Provide them with your SEN #s when you contact them (found in the licensing panels in your admin console).

Gavin Gavin May 12, 2013

Thanks Ellen - exactly what I'm looking for.

Kind regards,

Gavin

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2013

It's covered at http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Basically, if you move from one band to another, you pay the difference. Eg. you've got 30 users, you're in the $2,200 band. Doubling in size to 60 users moves you into the $4,000 band so you need to pay $1,800 on top of your initial $2,200.

If you do this during a licence period, you'll get a discount for the time you don't use. I'm not sure of the exact rules there, but the principle is along the lines of "$2,200 for my first year. After 9 months, I realise I need more users and that's $1,800 more, but only for 3 months, so only $450"

Talking to sales people at Atlassian will get you exact details for your case.

Gavin Gavin May 9, 2013

Thanks Nic - I'm trying to follow our channels through to Atlassian to ask directly. We are looking at the download option which perhaps isn't quite so clear in the pricing as on-demand because of the one-time purchase.

Thanks for the speedy response!

Gavin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2013

Download is a bit more complex. You pay what they say up front on that page for the first year. Renewals are then half that, every year. Same rules about scaling and changing the numbers of users apply though.

Suggest an answer