How migrate jira/confluence/fisheye applications on 3 servers for recreate test environment

GillesCM March 10, 2014

How migrate jira/confluence/fisheye applications on 3 servers for recreate a test environment?
We have synchronized 3 servers (one by application) for create a test environment and have configured them for work together. But some data in oracle are always linked to our production servers.
What is to do on database for change this information. In fact, there exists documents who explain how we can clone Jira or Confluence, but what is the process to recreate a complete environment when applications are interconnected ?

2 answers

0 votes
GillesCM March 11, 2014

Hello Daniel,
Our production configuration is the follow:
1 server Fisheye
1 server Jira + 1 server for oracle DB
1 server Confluence + 1 server for oracle DB

Our Test configuration
1 server Fisheye
1 server Jira + 1 server for oracle DB
1 server Confluence + 1 server for oracle DB

We restored all data (rsync) and the databases (dump/load) from Prod to Test
The links between each application were recreated.
All is ok , the new jira issues or confluence pages are created on new Test environment, but some information ( old prod url for ex. ) are keep in DB tables ( project, projectversion, component,remotelink, ....).
So my question: Does a process or a procedure exist for update all the information regarding the new environment (tables list, sql script to execute...) ?

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

Hello,

I'm just trying to clarifying a few things here. It sounds like you are trying to build a staging or test environment..

What do you mean when you say you have synchornized the three servers? Have you rsynched their data to new test machines? Have you taken DB dumps of your production databases and restored into new test DB's

Are you only looking for where to change the database connection strings in your new test apps?

Two things that I know to look out for is ensuring the base urls in each app are net to the new systems. I also suggest that you remove and recreate the application links to all of your test systems.

I'm happy to link you to docs for all of this if it would be helpful

Suggest an answer