How many users can JIRA tool support?

Subbu Kalagarla November 12, 2013

Hi,

We are piloting JIRA tool in our company, we are sized about 10,000 in number and multi-site located. I would like to know the maximum users the tool can support? It would be of great help if you can share your experiences and solutions you had taken for this huge number of users.

Thanks in advance,

Subramanyam

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2013

I've seen it used with a lot more than 10,000 users (largest one was around 50,000, and I understand that they've grown since I left) and there's no real technical limit.

There's a complex interaction between how you use it, the hardware involved and the actual interaction of the users that will begin to cause issues if you go too high, but it's really a LOT more complex than just "number of users"

With that number of users, you are likely to need to get into performance tuning though. For which, I'd listen to Dan's Summit talk at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkh_UbNWF84

Suggest an answer