How many issues can be efficiently handled per year in an On-demand instance?

Bernardo San Juan September 22, 2015

We are considering to move from OnDemand to a server instance, one of the arguments is performance, does having a lot of issues above 150.000 per year affect performance in a OnDemand version?

How about security, how secure is to store our customer data in the cloud? 

Thanks and best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Zandona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

Hi Bernardo,

Regarding your instance performance I could say that you will not have problems with performance but what you do have is limit of data amount you can storage. See on page below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-storage-policy-744721619.html

Regarding the security police we still have a page with all the information:

https://www.atlassian.com/cloud/security

Hope these pages help you.

Cheers

Marlon Grawer September 23, 2015

Hi Bernardo, I'd like to increase some info on what Thiago has provided you. Regarding your performance question: I’d say it is not related directly to the number of issues you open, but to the amount of data contained in each issue versus the number of users accessing these issues at the same time. E.g. if you have 500 users in your instance, and 100 are currently accessing the same issue, it may cause you some performance issues. Also remember, as Thiago said, that you have a data storage limit for Cloud instances. Regarding your security question: Atlassian hosts data with hosting service providers in numerous countries including the United States and Australia. The servers on which Personal Information is stored are kept in a controlled environment. While we take reasonable efforts to guard your Personal Information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any incidentally-collected Personal Information you choose to store in Websites or SaaS Products are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. We strongly recommend that administrators of Downloadable Products configure SSL to prevent interception of data transmitted over networks and to restrict access to the databases and other storage used to hold data. You might want to refer to our Atlassian Cloud Privacy Policy for additional info. https://www.atlassian.com/legal/privacy-policy Hope this helps. Cheers, Marlon

Bernardo San Juan September 25, 2015

what would be the cost of increasing the storage capacity, any idea??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

There isn't the option to do that (yet)

Bernardo San Juan September 25, 2015

@Thiago I just read that it is not possible to increase storage, is that true? Can you tell me how much we are using so far? We are actually considering, plugin to service desk to get rid of our support current support tool and that would increase considerably our amount of data storage, to double the amount we are currently using. So before doing this we have to solve it.

Suggest an answer