It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How many bugs are discovered in live

I want to find out how often it happens that an issue is pushed to live and then brought back because it wasnt completely fixed

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Sep 30, 2019

That would depend on your workflow and the process you use. If your workflow has a status for this scenario, e.g. “reopen” and it is only used for the scenario where the fix is released and fails then you can use JQL to capture this. Further, if desired you could create a custom field checkbox, e.g. “release failed” and set it via a post function when reopened. Again it all comes down to building this process into the workflow.

I went with this route

works pretty well from now on

project = name AND issuetype = Bug AND text ~ "bug from live"

if it works great. however, the reliability of text is questionable. Another consideration is that a new bug can be created and the "Affects version" is used. Upon triaging you discover that it is related to the bug that was supposedly fixed at which time you would link the new bug to the original. You could create a new link type for this so that it was obvious and could be searched, e.g. "Failed Fix".

I would bet for a 75% or so

lol... that would be scary. remind me not to buy the product your company produces. ;-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you