How many Plugins?

hote November 4, 2012

Hi, I want to know that how many plugins are there for JIRA so far?

and if possible, please tell me the statistical results for Confluence and other atlas products, thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Humm, THOUSANDS?

Currently there are almost 1.400 plugins available (strictly add-ons). Many are JIRA plugins but also for Confluence and the rest of the Atlassian's products.

So I would say HUNDREDS is more accurate than THOUSANDS.

Well, it's true that the ecosystem is growing at a very fast pace...

Pablo.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2012

And the ones that are written internally?

Just because they're not published in Marketplace, doesn't mean they aren't there. I'm aware of probably another fifty, just from a handful of users. There's a lot of duplication, and I push people to use the public ones where-ever I can, but I'd suggest "thousands" is still a valid estimate. Hundreds on marketplace, and those are, rightly, the most used ones.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2012

Thousands, and there's no real way to answer the question.

Look in the marketplace to get some basic numbers out. Bear in mind that there are open-source, free, commercial. Then remember that there are loads more that people have written that are NOT in the marketplace, so you can't get numbers for them.

You might actually get a far more useful answer if you told us why you're asking this question. I can't imagine why it matters for most people, although I have seen people use it to compare with other software, which is an exercise in complete pointlessness because it tells you nothing useful.

hote November 5, 2012

The reason I asked the question is that some client ask me this when I told them that there are thousands of plugins for JIRA during the the training

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2012

Ah, good, it's not something to judge it on, and your estimate was good :-)

Suggest an answer