How long does it take for purchased/trial licenses (in MyAtlassian) to be 'recognised' by our JIRA OnDemand instance?

Shane Martin March 11, 2014

Hi,

Specifically, we have (from MyAtlassian) enabled the trial for the 'e-Reminders' add-on.

Upon opening our JIRA OnDemand instance, the add-on was not installed. I installed it from the JIRA OnDemand instance and the add-on states "Unlicensed".

When I click on the 'Start Trial' button - it takes me to MyAtlassian which shows we have already enabled the trial.

I understand this process make take some time for synchronisation between MyAtlassian and our OnDemand instance, I was just wondering how long it officially should take.

Thanks,

Shane

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2014

Hi Shane,

I would say the process is usually done instantenaously. If you gave it a couple of minutes and it is still not updating your license, double check that the plugin was purchased for OnDemand and not for a Downloaded version.

Feel free to create a support request at support.atlassian.com if you keep having problems and we'll take a closer look ;)

Cheers!
Mauro

Thanks Mauro,

It still hasn't filtered through (about 1 hour after) and a previous add-on took overnight.

I shall log a support request if this is not normal - I just wanted an idea of what timings I should be expecting before logging support requests.

Thanks,

Shane

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2014

When you are taken to the "Configure Your OnDemand instance" (after clicking start trial): have you clicked on the Apply Changes to confirm the Trial start of the selected products?

*slapping forehead*

Of course I missed that step, didn't I!

I have just checked and it is now working within our OnDemand instance.

Thanks Mauro!

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2014

Thanks for confirming Shane!

No worries, I'm glad you have it working now :)

Suggest an answer