How long do tickets go past the due date?

David Wilder October 31, 2016

Is there a way to create a report that can show long tickets go past their due dates?

I'm asking because we have a problem beginning to show itself within our department. We assign a due date, the design team meets this due date, but we can't get any approval so we blow right past the due date. This causes a lot of scheduling issues with future resources and workflow. So I'm trying to bring this problem to the attention of our dept managers but I need data to support my theories.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

For a one-time report you can export to Excel and add a column with formula "Resolved"-"Due Date". 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/exporting-search-results-to-microsoft-excel-720416693.html

you may need to tweak Issue Navigator to show Resolved field first or just use Export -> Excel (All fields)

Although, I'd like to see a more permanent and real time way of keeping up with this data, this definitely worked. Thanks!

If any devs are watching this, having a wallboard widget showing this information in real time would be super handy for teams.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

You can find out issues that are not resolved even after a certain number of days past due. Query will be something similar to the following:

due < -10d and resolution = Unresolved

Use the other search criteria is reduce the scope of issues.

If you have JIRA Service Desk, you can report on past data using the breached, everBreached SLA functions.

Thanks. This will definitely tell me about current & open projects that are past due. But I'm looking for more of a way to create a report so that I can see over a period of time (3 - 6 mos.) how long tickets go past their due dates. This report would include tickets that are closed as well as open.

Suggest an answer