How it possible to see who works on what and what impediment he has?

Stas Oskin June 19, 2012

Hi.

We need a way to see which every developer working on, and what impediment (if any) he currently has.

Is there way to do it via Rapid board (preferred), or via other GH/Jira means?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2012

Filter for any status that falls into "being worked on" (i.e. in-progress) and make sure you include the assignee in the issue navigator. That's the most simple/obvious answer, there's plenty of other reports or ways you could do it. Columns in GH is another very handy way of doing it.

"impediments" are totally different - to report on those, we need to know how you are entering/tracking them in Jira.

I think the actual answer here is a bit more complex than "how is it possible" because we don't know what you're putting in or how you're using it. What defines "who works on what"? I've already made huge guesses at what you're talking about for that by saying assignee and status (and not even tried with "impediment"), but that might not be a valid assumption. I think to answer this question, we need to know what you're putting in and what it means to you.

Stas Oskin June 20, 2012

Hi Nic.

What I had in mind is a graph which will list developers names, and next to them bars with work completed / total for this day.

The bars would be green for completed work, and red for total work.

The developer would enter their done progress allowing to see the management how the daily work proceeds. In case the developer haven't updated the progress for a while, the bars being full of red color would indicate it.

How to achieve this with Jira?

Suggest an answer