How is the Unestimated Issues % on the Release Burndown determined?

I have 68 stories in Version 1.0 and only 2 of them are unestimated. However, on the Release Burndown it says 28% of the issues are unestimated.

Clearly 2 issues out of 68 isn't 28% so how is this number calculated?

1 answer

0 vote

Hello Jim,

Did you set the estimation value to them as well? This is what makes the report to work, as far as I could test.

If you need more info about this report, here is the documentation that I used: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Viewing+the+Release+Burndown

Hi Benito, I did enter the estimation value (I'm using story points) on all of them except two which we have yet to size. I've also combed through the documentation but it hasn't provided a clear answer for what may cause this. Thanks for the response though. Jim

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

711 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you