How is possible to add the bugs into the report

Domenico Torre March 25, 2019

Hi to all, i have a question about the export of the report using Zephyr for Jira and better PDF exporter for jira.

I would try to explain my double question:

1 - the first one is related to the PDF exporter, in the report in the field "Links relates" are not listed all bugs present in the test, precisely only the bugs inserted in the field "Defects" are listed  instead the bug directly linked to the single test steps are not listed.

So i try to recap what i did:

- Execute a test X+1 (that is part of a test cycle and it is linked to a version x.1) if i found some general bug/s i link it or them to the field "Defects" (that i called "general defects" and this field is present between "Execution status" and "Comment").

Instead if the bug/s is/are linked to the single test step (for instance step 2) i add it or them to the single step by the field "defects" (that i called "specific defects" present in the same row of the step 2 and after the field"Attachment").

- now i export all tests related the versione x.1 by the plugin "Better PDF exporter for Jira" (PDF that use the template "issue-fo.vm") and in the field "Links related" are shown only the bug related the first "Defects"  that i call general defects and not also the bugs related the specific defects.

Is it possible to add all bugs that belong to the single test in the filed"Links relates", so can i have all bugs listed independently from where the bugs are linked?

2 - The second one is similar but is related to the export of the bugs and also in this case the field "Links related" doesn't shown the test where i inserted the bug in the single test step (specific defects) but only them related the defects (general defects).

So i can try to recap what i did:

- The test X+1 is already done and there are some bug related to it, some are linked to general defects and some to specific defects

- now i export all bugs related to the version x.1 by the plugin "Better PDF exporter for Jira" (PDF all fields that use the template "issue-fo.vm) and in the field "Links related" are shown only the tests where the bug is linked in the first "Defects"  that i call general defects and not also the bugs related the specific defects, so in this case sometime could be happen that some bug are not linked to anyone test (it is not true).

Is it possible to add all test that belong to the single bug in the filed"Links relates", so can i have all tests listed independently from where the bugs are linked?

Thanks in advance!

0 answers

Suggest an answer