How have 3 different workflows with different screens in one jira instance

Vaishail August 18, 2015

Hello,

I have 3 projects : A, B and C and all the projects have different workflow and it should also have different screens for bugs, epic,  story and tasks.

I can configure workflow differently.  However, how to make sure that each workflow screen can also have different screens.?

What is the best way to get started with such projects where each project differs in workflow and fields on the screen.

I am new to JIRA administration. So appreciate any help.   I am going through the documentation however, I need some practical tips as One of our project is in Production and don't want to disturb any of their workflow and functionality.

Thank you so much  for your help.

Vaishali 

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Than August 18, 2015

Hi Vaishail,

You should be able to create new screens via System Administration -> Issues -> Screens. Once you've create the screens for each workflow, then you would go into each of the separate workflows and then associate the screens with the desired transitions. To do that, you click on the the workflow, then the transition, then Edit -> Transition View and change the transition view to whatever you need it to be.

My first recommendation for screen/field management is make sure you have a naming convention for how you classify screens according to their project, issue type, and usage. For field management, I prefer to keep projects using the same fields as much as reasonable, but you should be able to set contexts so that fields act differently on different projects/types.

Hope this helps a little bit. smile 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2015
0 votes
Vaishail August 19, 2015

Joseph  and Nic

Thanks for the  help.  It is very useful.

I was able to do have a different screen for different project.

I feel very comfortable with the workflow now.

I have different workflow for  Bug, Epic, Story and  Task

I am still not comfortable about the screens.

I have 1 screen for bug and another screen for Epic, Story and task.

Is it possible to have different screen for  Epic, Story and task ?

How to do that?

I am reading userguide but still struggling with it.

thanks for your help.

Appreciate it.

• Vaishali

Suggest an answer