How hard will it be to update from these Atlassian versions to latest and greatest?

Matthew Mallard October 15, 2018

Ok, so here's the deal. I've started supporting a group that has neglected keeping their Atlassian tools up to date. I'm tasked with updating the tools to the latest and greatest and keeping the span of time between upgrades shorter. Any tips, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated from the community as I jump into this new adventure. I know Atlassian is incredible with their documentation and what not, just trying to get an idea of the road ahead, from the Atlassian community.

Tool versions are shown below:

JIRA - 6.4.7

Confluence - 5.8.5

Crowd - 2.8.3

FECRU - 3.8.1

Bitbucket/Stash - 3.10.2

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

Dear @Matthew Mallard,

for Jira: invest a little time in searching through the community answers. There was more than once written how to go from 6.4.x to the latest - then you will have a clear idea how hard it is.

for Confluence: upgrading is a straigth forward prcoess. Reading upgrade notes. Not too big deal. Ways simpler than Jira.

Crowd/FERCU/Bitbucket - no clue.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer