How get work log for a user for specific range of period/sprint

Devender Bejju August 11, 2016

I have been asked to submit a time sheet with details of JIRA items I have spent in past 1 month. I was recording my work log every day against't each of the items. Now I don't find a way to pull them.

I was looking at some reports like burndown chart etc., which I think are very less or not at all relevant to my purpose. I just need to get sum of work log for each JIRA item. Its a daunting task to go back to last 4 sprints, finding items which I have actually logged work. It would be fine for me if I can at least get the list of items I have logged work (irrespective of who it is currently assigned to because that keeps change from creating to closing) and then I can sum up hours manually. I hope there is an easy way, but I don't find one. Please help me.

2 answers

0 votes
Ademir Souza March 22, 2021

Hi !!! There is no way to get this ? I have the same problem here. Just want to get all work logged on a specific range e.g. Feb/2021. Any ideas please ? 

Tks 

Rodrigo Lopes April 2, 2021

Hi Ademir. I suggest you take a look at the "Jira Assistant" chrome plugin, I've been using it for a while and it enhances and facilitates work log consolidation.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
LakshmiS August 11, 2016

An indirect way is the following:

1.In issue navigator, get a list of all items you worked on.

e.g: Project = <projectkey> AND assignee was <your user name>

2. Add Time spent as a column.

3. Export as a csv.

LakshmiS August 11, 2016

To filter activities worked on during a specific period, add a condition on Sprint in (Sprint1,........)

Like Iryna Zagrebelnaya likes this
Devender Bejju August 11, 2016

Hi Lakshmi. Like I mentioned in my OP, in our project we keep switching assignee before it is moved to Done state. In some cases we log work even if is not assigned to us because we might have spent little time on it helping or supporting the actual assignee. If my understanding is correct, that filter won't fetch the details when I am not the assignee at the time of pulling metrics but I might have already spent some time on it.

Suggest an answer