How get rid of quartz exception 'No filter subscription for trigger ...'

Matthias Kuespert April 14, 2013

Hi,

since removing the filtersubscriptions from the database as stated in [http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+delete+filters+and+subscriptions+added+by+other+users]

I encounter the following exception in the JIRA log:

{code}

INFO QuartzWorker-1 org.quartz.core.JobRunShell - Job SEND_SUBSCRIPTION.SEND_SUBSCRIPTION threw a JobExecutionException:
org.quartz.JobExecutionException: Error retrieving schedule entry for this job. [See nested exception: org.quartz.JobExecutionException: No filter subscription for trigger SUBSCRIPTION_10000]
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.subscription.SendFilterJob.execute(SendFilterJob.java:27)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
        at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
* Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
org.quartz.JobExecutionException: No filter subscription for trigger SUBSCRIPTION_10000
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.subscription.SendFilterJob.execute(SendFilterJob.java:22)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
        at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

{code}

How can I get rid of those exceptions?

Is it safe to delete the trigger/s manually from qrtz_triggers? Are there any other references to this table?

What is the recommended way to delete filter subscriptions?

BTW: I'm using JIRA 4.4.4

Cheers,

Matthias

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Kuespert June 16, 2013

To get rid of the exception the following tables must be emptied too:

* QRTZ_TRIGGERS
* QRTZ_CRON_TRIGGERS
* QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS

0 votes
Matthias Kuespert May 23, 2013

Hmm I see that the trigger_id from qrtz_triggers is used in entries in qrtz_cron_triggers too. Also there is ony entry in qrtz_job_details, but it has job_data set to null.

Does anybody know if it is safe to just delete all these entries?

TIA,
Matthias

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2013

Hi Matthias,

Is it possible to repeat the running of the SQL query again, but shutdown JIRA first before you run the query?

Regards, John Chin

Matthias Kuespert April 23, 2013

Hi John,

JIRA was shutdown when I ran the query. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Regards, Matthias

Suggest an answer