How fast do other people receive Jira Cloud email notifications? Ours are taking up to 20 minutes.

eirens October 5, 2020

Before I dig into my company's side of email transactions, I'd like to know what other people are experiencing.

As far as the time it takes from committing a change to a Jira Cloud ticket to delivery of the email notification of that change:

• What's the fastest delivery time people experience?
  • What's the typical delivery time people experience?

4 answers

0 votes
Josefin Rojas Vazquez August 18, 2022

Hi,

We have experienced different time delays, it takes hours and other times take minutes. How come it can take up to hours to receive mail notification? 

How can we solve this? And is there some log where we can se this issue recurring?

Br,

Josefin

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

We have seen email delays come and go in Cloud. I believe a week ago we saw delays of hours in our Cloud instance. It impacted both Jira and Confluence. Typically it takes 5-10 minutes for native notifications to be delivered.

Depending on your delivery timelines (and core functionality needs) needs, we tend to deliver a bit faster in https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211069/notification-assistant-for-jira-email?hosting=cloud&tab=overview.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

I have never experienced delays like this.

0 votes
Megan Day October 5, 2020

Ours come in a minute or so as well.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

Yikes! That is certainly have normal. Mine appear within a matter of seconds to maybe a minute. Is there anything unique about your instance in your set up an email configuration? Ultimately if this is repeatable I would recommend you reach out to Atlassian support so that they could login look at your logs and see what’s going on.

eirens October 6, 2020

Thanks!

Suggest an answer