How does one restrict logging time in the past?

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

So, Q4 2015 is over.  Executives have asked for reports describing logged time during Q4 2015 captured in JIRA.  Once these reports have been captured from JIRA, we do not want someone to go back and log time in Q4 2015.  I do not believe there is an out of the box solution for JIRA.  Is there some properties trick, or plug-in, or something to make the magic happen?

I've seen solutions on Answers for future time, but not past time.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2016

There does not seem to be a way to restrict the logging of work by date.

As a member of the Accounting team, once I have captured various CapX data from FY 2015, people can continue to log work into FY 2015.  (Too bad, so sad)

0 votes
Sadaf Jabin August 30, 2018

Hi,

This can also be achieved using script listener. Please find the answer @ Restrict logging of work in the past

Cheers,

Sadaf Jabin

Hitesh_Goenka May 28, 2020

What is script listener?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

You can disable "Logging Work" on certain issue statuses like "Closed" (jira.permission.work)

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/workflow-properties-189949.html

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

I do not want to restrict the logging of work on an issue. I want to restrict logging dates on work prior to January 1, 2016.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

What do you mean by "restrict logging dates"? Is it different from "restrict logging work on an issue"? Specifying a date range is not available with the JIRA workflow properties :(

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

The values 12/31/2015, 12/30/2015, 12/29/2015, 12/28/2015, etc.

Suggest an answer