How does one link an Epic from a different Project?

Brian Franzen February 20, 2016

It seems that JIRA 7.1 has removed the ability to link an Epic with issues in projects other than the Epic's containing project.

How does one re-enable this feature?

4 answers

1 vote
C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2016

When editing an issue, you can select an epic from the epic link if it is available on your screen scheme.

0 votes
Ari Vésteinsson May 22, 2019

[I know I am a bit late to this game, but since the topic is open I give it a shot...]

It is possible to link epics across projects, but what I am missing is that the auto-complete displays epics from other projects.

Our setup is:

We separate the development based on what development is being shipped together under a specific version. So we have project X which we ship every 3 months, project Y which we ship every month and project Z which we ship on a need-to-ship basis. In many instances we have development that spans 2 or more of these projects, we have therefore opted for a single jira-project for epics. We do not have the epic issue-type in projects X, Y and Z.

P.s.

I appreciate that in other setups it can be annoying to see epics from other projects in the autocomplete. Best would to make it this functionality configurable, preferably not server-wide on/off, but per project on/off or, better, per project list of projects to scan for epics.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2016

Bother, can't +1 comments.  It's working fine here too.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2016

Why would you say that JIRA removed this ability? They have not.

Suggest an answer