Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How does one access the Issue History for reporting purposes?

I would like to do a report on Issues that have been moved from one IssueType to another. Our service desk and clients can't always identify if an issue is an SR or an Incident and our AMS team will often move the ticket one way or the other. 

We'd like to see how often this happens.  

2 answers

2 votes

Hi @David Edey 

What hosting type are you on?

There is no built-in option to create an issue history report. You can watch the changes only for a single issue.

For Cloud users, I can suggest third-party solutions like Issue History for Jira. Here you can filter issues by project, sprint, date range, etc., and build the report you need. 

To monitor if IssueType is changed, just add the IssueType field to the grid. This way you can track any standard or custom field.

issue type changes.png

The app is developed by my team. If you're on Cloud, you can try if it can help with your case. (30 days free trial)

You can easily export the selected columns plus the change history (who changed what fields from what old value to what new value and when) to Excel:

jira-issues-selected-fields-with-change-history.png

Then in Excel you can use a filter to keep only those rows where the Issue Type was changed. And then you can create every kind of reports from this.

This export was created with the Better Excel Exporter app. (It is developed and supported by our team, and it is a paid app.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you