How does fix version correspond to sprint-field?

Svein Are Grønsund August 27, 2012

Coming from Planning Board I am a bit confused how (Rapid) Board works when planning sprints.

Before:

• When added a story we would use the "fix version" field to indicate what sprint it would presumable be assigned to
  • Right before the sprint-start the story might be dragged out of the previously selected "fix version"
  • Then when the sprint is on, and then released, all the issues are allready tagged with the correct "fix version"

New flow?

• When adding a story, don't set the "fix version" (?)
  • When deciding on the sprint/starting it, pick from the backlog and then start the sprint
  • When closing a sprint, remember to then change "fix version" to all completed issues???

It's the last step that I am uncertain of. Is that the normal workflow, to remember to manually change fix-version for all the issues?

Is there no connection between the field "fix version" and Greenhopper's field "Sprint"?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svein Are Grønsund August 28, 2012

I found the answer in Atlassian's GreenHopper User Guide. In "Ending a Sprint" it states:

Many Scrum teams don't release a version at the end of a sprint, but if you need to, it's easy to do. In theCompleted Issues section of the Sprint Report, just click View in Issue Navigator. You can then use JIRA's Bulk Edit to assign all of the issues to the relevant version (for details, please see the JIRA documentation on Bulk Operations).

Suggest an answer