How does an administrator change the owner of a filter?

Jacob Hammer August 17, 2017

I just became a Board Administrator and am trying to become the owner of the board filter. I have followed the instructions on here from earlier Jira versions, https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/managing-shared-filters-802593150.html, but unfortunately they are no longer applicable. There is no 'cog' on the right that appears and I'm wondering if I do not have the accurate permissions for this. Is there a way for the current owner to go in and assign me as the new owner?

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

I've read the UI has changed on Cloud.

May you click on Search and type Shared Filters?

When I type that it shows that there are no results.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2017

May you manually change the URL to get to the Shared Filters page?

<JIRA Base URL>/secure/admin/filters/ViewSharedFilters.jspa

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2017

Only JIRA administrators can change filter ownership.

Regards

Hello Ignacio, Thanks for your response. My issue here is that I am a JIRA administrator and I still cannot change the filter ownership.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2017

Are you on Cloud? Or what Server version?

I am on Cloud I believe. How do I check and confirm?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2017

If the URL of your instance is <something>.atlassian.net, then you're on Cloud.

Mine does not have that. How would I check which Server version?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2017

Cog > System > System Info

Although it will probably also appear at the very bottom of every page.

Unfortunately it is not at the bottom of any page and when i click the cog in the top right the only option is "JIRA ADMINSTRATION - Projects"

Suggest an answer