How does JIRA update issues from email?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

For all those that are looking for an official answer to how Jira deals with emails to determine when a new issue is created vs. adding a comment I have created this question just for you.

Disclaimer - I am not actually asking this question to be answered here but rather gaming the system a bit so that I can add a reference to and Atlassian article that should provide the official answer. :-)

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

And the wait is over.... Survey says...

how-jira-updates-issues-from-email 

It is worth noting here that I was provided a link to this article by Atlassian when I posed this question to the support channel. I asked this question as I was seeing what I thought was some new behavior that had me questioning my understanding. I was seeing a reply by a customer to the original email sent to create the ticket (not an email from Jira) resulting in comment and I would have thought it would result in a new ticket.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2020

Guess I have to read the article myself @Jack Brickey .  I would have expected the same thing. :-/

Cheers!

Suggest an answer