• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How does JIRA update issues from email?

Jack Community Leader Feb 07, 2020

For all those that are looking for an official answer to how Jira deals with emails to determine when a new issue is created vs. adding a comment I have created this question just for you.

Disclaimer - I am not actually asking this question to be answered here but rather gaming the system a bit so that I can add a reference to and Atlassian article that should provide the official answer. :-)

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Feb 07, 2020 • edited

And the wait is over.... Survey says...

how-jira-updates-issues-from-email 

It is worth noting here that I was provided a link to this article by Atlassian when I posed this question to the support channel. I asked this question as I was seeing what I thought was some new behavior that had me questioning my understanding. I was seeing a reply by a customer to the original email sent to create the ticket (not an email from Jira) resulting in comment and I would have thought it would result in a new ticket.

LarryBrock Community Leader Feb 11, 2020

Guess I have to read the article myself @Jack .  I would have expected the same thing. :-/

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you