How does JIRA determine who the default user is for a role?

I added a post function:

"Assign the issue to the default user from the SCR - Admins role."

...how does JIRA determine who the default user is?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

Are you using the JIRA Misc Workflow Extentions plugin to do this. If so, this is how the default user is calculated.

Since JIRA does not support the notion of a default member for project roles, the Assign to role member function identifies the default member of a project role by going through all the members of the project role looking for a User Property with the following two characteristics:

• Property key: defaultAssignee
  • Property value: contains a comma-separated list of entries in the form ProjectKey -> *RoleName. *For example:

See https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions?src=contextnavchildmode#Post-functions-1-Assigntorolemember%28newin1.2,updatedin3.0.1%29 for more.

Also, don't forget to include the users at the project roles

How do I do every single project?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,847 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot