How does JEHM Thread Matching Limit evaluate the issue state?

Marketa Dvorackova March 9, 2015

Hi everyone,

I would like to use the Thread Matching Limit to create a new issue when the original one is closed. The question is, What does the 'Open Issues Only' option do? I have 7 other states than Closed that are supposed to be treated as 'Open Issue'. Does it specifically require Open state? Or it does the opposite and looks if the issue is Closed (if not, all the other is Open)?

Thanks a lot for an answer if someone knows.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Open Issues means, does the issue have a resolution set, ie, works regardless of workflow.

Understood, thanks a lot. So if there is a state Resolved followed by Closed, it includes both of them (issue has a resolution set). No chance to make this work only for Closed in the example (meaning: Resolved? ok, comment and reopne, Closed? oh no, don't touch, create a new one).

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

ANy kind of resolution indicates resolved, which isn't open, it was the simplest way I could think of to achieve the aim. Further options could be achievable, eg a sub-select for commenting on specific resolutions only (if a resolution was set). Log a feature request please ;)

Thanks, will do:)

Suggest an answer