How do you turn off the JIRA Service Desk auto response

Kenyon Porter October 21, 2015

We are currently allowing our users to create service tickets by sending in emails and they get an auto-response from the system. Since we can't currently edit the response, we would like to turn it off. Is that possible?

3 answers

1 vote
Darrin Van Valkenburg November 12, 2015

Rodrigo:

This issue still persists even with your suggestions.  Can you please provide any type of update to help us resolve this issue?

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2015

Hum, then maybe removing the Reporter from issue created might be useful, wouldn't it be?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-email-notifications-185729575.html

Kenyon Porter October 22, 2015

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue Rodrigo, but the issue you linked to is not the same as the one I'm trying to solve. I'm looking for a way to disable the auto-response that goes back to a customer when the ticket is created. I'm fine with the auto population in the respond to customer comment field. I just don't want the auto-response email on ticket creation going out because it's not helpful.

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2015

Hi Kenyon, 

As instructed here you need to raise a ticket to Atlassian support, that way we'll be able to disable this feature.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

Kenyon Porter October 23, 2015

Rodrigo,

I tried changing the notification scheme to remove the Reporter from the issue created but I still received an email when I created a new Service Desk issue by sending an email to our support email account.

Hi,

We have received your request and will get back to you soon.

– <Our Company here>

I would really like to turn this off if possible. Any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer