How do you throw an error with groovy listener?

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

I've already created a custom listener using groovy runner that ensures the children version always matches its parent. I thought I'd extend it so it monitors fixversion such that:

if the new fixversion has more than one value, disallow update and send error message "Fix Version can contain only one value"

I'm not quite sure how to refuse the update and send such an error message. Could someone point me in the right direction?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

You cannot send error in a listener because it happens in a different thread.

You should consider handling it in a workflow validator if the change happens on the workflow. If not, i.e. if the change is while editing issues etc, you don't have much options. Maybe you can store the error in a field and display it to the user.

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

you never have good news for me, do you? ;)

Like # people like this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

Only if you ask simple questions like "where I can I find the log out option" ;)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer