How do you show all parent tasks that have subtasks in progress?

david.humeniuk@udri.udayton.edu February 12, 2015

I want a JQL query or list of parent issues that are truly in progress. This means if it is a story with sub-tasks and the sub-tasks have been started, I want to show just the story. If the issue has no sub-tasks I want it to be shown if in progress.

Basically I want to show a high level report of issues in progress and not get into the details of sub-tasks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

Hey David,

Using the issueFunction JQL function that comes with Script Runner you can do the following:

(issueFunction in parentsOf("issuetype = Task And status not in (open, closed)") AND issuetype = Story) OR (issuetype = Story AND status = "In Progress" AND!(issueFunction in hasSubtasks()))

Enjoy

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

You need to replace "Task" with "Sub-task" in the parentsof subquery, beside that the answer is correct

david.humeniuk@udri.udayton.edu February 12, 2015

This was able to get me where I wanted in the end. I didn't specify the exact details, but I actually ended up with: ((issueFunction in parentsOf("issuetype in subTaskIssueTypes() And status not in (open, closed)")) OR (issuetype not in subTaskIssueTypes() and status not in (open, closed) AND!(issueFunction in hasSubtasks()))) and Sprint in openSprints() I used subTaskIssueTypes() to ensure any sub-task type is considered and I also need to make sure I only showed issues in the current sprint.

Suggest an answer