How do you search issue updates (listed in Activity tab)?

Ben
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

We merged a bunch of projects together in JIRA by moving all the issues into a new project.  The full list of changes on each issue is visible in the Activity tab of each issue, but that does not seem to be easily searchable, if at all.

Is there a way to search those updates?  Specifically, many of the issues has a Fix version in the original project that was removed, but it would be great if we could search that, even if it was just text like a regular comment.  Any ideas? I can't figure out any JQL that works.  Please don't suggest SQL searches, as we are running in Cloud, and don't believe we have direct access to the database.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

You can use the WAS IN operator with the Fix Version field:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-WASIN

Ben
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Is there a way to search the _Activity_ tab in general? I wish it was just text-searchable like a comment.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

You can search it within an issue by just using your browser search. But if you want to search it across multiple issues you would use the operators I suggested. So you could do something like: comment was "stuff" But you can not just search all of it as a whole because it is simply a display of many unique actions.

Like 37SmaiLi likes this

Suggest an answer