How do you restrict users from changing the Priority of a ticket?

Nadine Titus June 17, 2015

Created a Behaviour :

1. Use Validator Plugin     = Enabled
  2. Guide Workflow           = Helpdesk Workflow
  3. Fields: Priority             Optional, Read Only, Shown
  4. Conditions:                  Except  Project role (HelpDesk)

The Priority apparently is only restricted when creating the issue, it can still be changed in View and Edit. What am I missing.

Thank you for any help you can offer

2 answers

0 votes
Marcel Vlems April 14, 2021

I have the same problem where I want to set permissions to the Priority-field but cannot find the Behaviour-app for Jira Software. Anyone knows what happened with it or if there's another solution?

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

You can set the priority as readonly and make it readable to certain users, https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JBHV/JIRA+Behaviours+Plugin

The second solution is, you can add workflow to change the priority, and add validator to limit the user who is changing the propriety.

Nadine Titus June 17, 2015

Thank you for your reply Harry Ha. I am using the Behaviours Plugin as I indicated above, and the Priority field is restricted when the issue is being Created, so that works. But once you submit the ticket, it can still be modified. I am looking for a fix with the Behaviours Plugin. Wondering if this is a bug. Can you walk me thru the doing this in the Behaviours Plugin or can you give me an example code?

Suggest an answer