How do you remove a collaborator from Jira Cloud Service Desk

Denis Ng August 18, 2016

Hi 

I cannot seems to find the section where I can view and manage collaborators on JIRA Cloud.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

I have tried removing the user from the service desk team. But still JIRA seems to think they are collaborators.

They still can only add internal comments and not public comments. (i.e. I do not know how to make a collaborator a customer on JIRA Cloud)

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

You must modify your Permission Scheme. A permission scheme is assigned to a project and connects Roles to permissions.

The default approach in JIRA today is to assign all users basic rights. This is done by allowing any application user basic permissions, such as Browse and Add Comments.

You should create a custom permission scheme and assign the Manager, Team, and Customer Roles the same permissions as before. Be sure to remove the references to any application user that currently exist.

Then assign the permission scheme to your project. Don't worry! JIRA Service Desk will let you know if there's anything wrong with your configuration when you navigate back to the project.

Denis Ng August 21, 2016

I went back to the default permission scheme and assigned only Browse and Add comments to the single user I needed to revert to a customer rather than a collaborator. However no luck as the user can still only comment internally. 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

I thought we didn't want to give them comment permissions?

Suggest an answer