How do you remove a collaborator from Jira Cloud Service Desk

Hi 

I cannot seems to find the section where I can view and manage collaborators on JIRA Cloud.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

I have tried removing the user from the service desk team. But still JIRA seems to think they are collaborators.

They still can only add internal comments and not public comments. (i.e. I do not know how to make a collaborator a customer on JIRA Cloud)

Thanks

1 answer

You must modify your Permission Scheme. A permission scheme is assigned to a project and connects Roles to permissions.

The default approach in JIRA today is to assign all users basic rights. This is done by allowing any application user basic permissions, such as Browse and Add Comments.

You should create a custom permission scheme and assign the Manager, Team, and Customer Roles the same permissions as before. Be sure to remove the references to any application user that currently exist.

Then assign the permission scheme to your project. Don't worry! JIRA Service Desk will let you know if there's anything wrong with your configuration when you navigate back to the project.

I went back to the default permission scheme and assigned only Browse and Add comments to the single user I needed to revert to a customer rather than a collaborator. However no luck as the user can still only comment internally. 

Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 22, 2016

I thought we didn't want to give them comment permissions?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,296 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot