How do you recover from a Restore crash ?

Thomas Corriol October 2, 2013

Hi,

I was trying to restore a DB, and the restore crash with the following error:

2013-10-03 16:17:23,217 JiraImportTaskExecutionThread-1 INFO tcorriol 976x3997x1 h5b3xr 172.24.77.44 /secure/admin/XmlRestore.jspa [jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService] Importing data is 63% complete...

2013-10-03 16:17:44,980 JiraImportTaskExecutionThread-1 INFO tcorriol 976x3997x1 h5b3xr 172.24.77.44 /secure/admin/XmlRestore.jspa [jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService] Importing data is 64% complete...

2013-10-03 16:27:08,433 pool-10-thread-7 ERROR tcorriol 976x3997x1 h5b3xr 172.24.77.44 /secure/admin/XmlRestore.jspa [jira.action.admin.OfbizImportHandler] Exception importing entity: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Now I have read the article about Java heap space problem, and I have increase the memroy size to:

rem The following 2 settings control the minimum and maximum given to the JIRA Java virtual machine. In larger JIRA instances, the maximum amount will need to be increased.
rem
rem --------------------------------------------------------------------------
set JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=512m
set JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=1024m

But I cannot log to JIRA anymore, as all users seem to have been wiped-out. What should I do to try to restore the DB again ? How can I access the restore page to tell it which file to use ?

Thanks,

Thomas

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

Drop and recreate an empty database, then go through the xml restore process again. It can't pick up where it left off...

Thomas Corriol October 10, 2013

I had to do that, thanks.

It finally worked with the following settings:

set JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=512m
set JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=1536m

Cheers,

Thomas

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013
If the DB is completely wiped out, you will see the setup page when you start JIRA and there will be an option to import from an existing backup file.
Thomas Corriol October 2, 2013

Hi Jobin, thanks for answering.

Nope, I got the login screen, and when I try to log, I get the following errors:

An internal server error occurred when requesting resource .

Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.
Is there a way to access this setup page ?

Thomas

Suggest an answer