How do you move Issues within and/or to another sprint

fdvalenza December 28, 2017

Before the software update, to move an issue within a sprint, or to a different sprint, all you did was click and drag the issue to where you want it. Now, that does not work.

How do you move sprints?

Also, why is there no help on this new software?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes

Have no idea. Maybe it is Jira core because I login using Explorer. Atlassian did an upgrade the other week and everything is now different.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

You have Sprints, therefore you've almost certainly got Jira Software, and "Atlassian did an upgrade" tells us you are on Cloud.

So it's Jira Software on Cloud.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

oh I see you are on JIRA Cloud. You must be on the latest version. Are you an Admin?

Yes (But an Admin with absolutely no training :-)  )

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017
0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017

Do you mean JIRA Software?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver073/jira-software-server-7-3-documentation-861254166.html (just make sure to select your JIRA version at the top right)

Before JIRA software used to be the GreenHopper plugin

Don't knw what you mean. I asked this question in Community/Products/Jira/Questions. Don't see an option for software.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017

Ok

JIRA has Jira Core, JIRA Software

JIRA Software is the one that has Sprints and Boards. If you don't have it you won't be able to see Sprints and Boards.

Must be Jira software. I have two sprints set up for a specific project. Before the software upgrade I could left click, and hold, and move the issue within the sprint or move it to another sprint. Now that does not work. If I right click, it gives move options, move to top, bottom different sprint, etc., but that does not help if you want it, say, third from the top in a specific sprint. There must be a way, because I doubt that the ability to do this would be taken away, but I have yet to find how to do it.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017

Which version are you at?

Suggest an answer