How do you migrate the Jira attachment directory to a different location?

Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2012

The filesystem that holds the all my Jira attachments is starting to fill up. I'd like to attach a new storage device and use that for attachments but I don't want to have to update every issue with the new location of its attachments. Is there an easy way to do this?

Example:

Existing Attachment Path: /opt/atlassian/jira443_home/data/attachments

Proposed Attachment Path: external_host.lab.foo.com:/export/VolGroup00-jira_attachments

2 answers

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2012
Hi ,

Even if you have decided to use the standard attachment path you could mount your remote directory under /attachmentdata, copy all attachments there, remove standard directory data/attachments and create a symlink from data/attachments to /attachmentdata.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2012

Hi, I found this documentation about the attachments:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+File+Attachments#ConfiguringFileAttachments-Advancedconfigurations

It looks it isn't possible to change it. This note was below:

Choosing a custom Attachment Path

-If you upgraded JIRA with an XML backup from a JIRA version prior to 4.2 and used a custom directory for your attachment path, you can choose between using this custom directory (which cannot be edited) or the default directory for your attachment path location. However, once you switch to using the default directory, you can no longer choose the custom directory option.

-The default directory location is the data/attachments subdirectory of the JIRA Home Directory.

Suggest an answer