How do you manage multiple Jira boards/accounts with a single team?

nilanjenator September 10, 2019

If a team works with multiple external customers with their own Jira, is there a way to display the boards in a single view.

Note these are separate Jira accounts.  Creating a single account is not an option.

Can you create a single view of these different accounts?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Boards are a view of issues, not accounts.

This means I do not understand the question: "Create a single view of different accounts" - you create views of issues.  The accounts are used to log in.

Could you explain a bit more what you are looking for?  Maybe from your people's point of view - what are you hoping for (say) three different people to see, and where?

Nilan (AC3) September 11, 2019

If a service provider works with multiple clients - with different Jira accounts, is there any way to display all the issues in a single view.  I am looking for creative solutions - is it possible to import issues and create a new board on a common account, or can you use iframes?  

Also looking for general ideas on how teams work in this situation.

Jim Duke December 27, 2022

This is old, but I have the same question, and I believe I understand what is going on.  Suppose that I am a consultant, and I work with multiple separate customers.  Each of those customers have a separate Jira account which I am granted access to.  I have the cooperation of the admins of those Jira accounts.  How might I "view" issues assigned to me across these separate accounts in one place?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2022

>Each of those customers have a separate Jira account which I am granted access to

Are you mixing up "accounts" with "systems" here?  Do you mean your customers all have separate Jira installations that your account has access to?

Suggest an answer