How do you make all users issue screen and pop-up menu the same?

Ian Hostetler September 18, 2014

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2014

Change all project schemes to use the same settings.

Ian Hostetler September 20, 2014

Can you elaborate on the exact process to do this? We attempted changing project schemes to same setting, however users are still experiencing different issue screen versions. Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2014

Not sure I can elaborate beyond what you've already done! If the projects are all using the same "issue type screen scheme" and "field configuration screen", then they're all going to be seeing the same thing. However, there are a couple of less obvious things to check - assuming you have the two I mention above the same, have a look at exactly what fields are different (bear in mind that you need to check by issue type - a bug can behave differently to a feature, if you've configured it that way) I say this because although the screens might be the same, they can be further modified by "field context" (i.e. field "steps to reproduce" might only exist for bugs in project xyz, so despite the same schemes being in use in project abc, it won't appear there). Secondly, there are a couple of fields that vary based on permissions - a user who has the right to "assign issues" in project xyz, but not abc will not be offered the assignee field in abc. In other words, it's probably time to look at the specific differences between projects on a field by field basis. Unless, of course, I have completely misunderstood, and you're getting radically different layouts between projects? Not just some missing/extra fields?

Suggest an answer