How do you get the transition to show Resolution field?

Lillian Shibata-Salley November 28, 2017

Tried everything and still cannot get the transition to show Resolution field...

Ensured it's enabled, created the post function, validate to make it mandatory and when I do the transition it still automatically goes to resolved without allowing anyone to update the field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lillian

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

You need to create a screen with the Resolution field on it, then make that screen shown for the transition.

Lillian Shibata-Salley November 28, 2017

Yes  I have created a Resolution screen with the field on it and associated it with the transition.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

Then it will pop up when you use that transition.  The transition screens are very simple and non-conditional.  If you don't have one, the transition is instant, if you do have a screen, the user sees it, regardless.

Have you checked that you are looking at the right workflow and that you have published your draft?

Lillian Shibata-Salley November 30, 2017

Yes I am looking at the correct workflow and have published each time I tried something. Tried again and it's not showing up...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Ok, there's only two other things it could be:

1.  Does the user you are testing with have both "comment" and "resolve" permissions (it really should not be this, it should still pop the window if configured correctly)

2.  Do you have any customisations that may affect this?

Simple fact is that if you have a screen on a transition, with a correctly associated workflow, and a user clicks on the transition, they will get a screen with fields and a comment box.

Lillian Shibata-Salley December 1, 2017

I'm using myself as the user (Admin) and just a basic flow - no customizations... I must be missing something small and just not seeing it... I've created other transitions and screens and they are working fine - it's just this field...

Lillian Shibata-Salley December 1, 2017

Wasn't working so tried to add the JIRA Capture Screen Resolution as well but didn't work

Resolution Screen.jpgTransition.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

Ok, check the field configuration next.  Is the resolution field valid for the project and issue type?

Lillian Shibata-Salley December 4, 2017

Thanks yes they are valid for both:

Resolution2.jpgResolution1.jpg

Suggest an answer