How do you get the story to stay as unresolved resolution when you edit a "open" story?

Veronica Stewart December 5, 2014

We have stories with a line across appearing closed visually that are still in an open status. I noticed that the resolution no longer stays in "unresolved" when you go and edit a story.  Is this why were are experiencing this problem?

I only want a resolution to be selected when we mark a story "done".

What setup needs to be modified? 

2 answers

0 votes
Rachel M August 6, 2015

Hi. I'm having this problem also. I have definitely removed the resolution field from the exit screen, but this isn't making any difference. The resolution is still being changed to fixed. The story ID text is still appearing with strikethrough.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2015

Asked also at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/24281120/opening-edit-screen-is-changing-resolution and probably a different answer, as you've ruled out the screen!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2014

Remove the "resolution" field from the "edit" screen.

The problem here is that if you have the field on an edit screen, JIRA will set it to something.  There is no option to leave it empty or set it to none, and you can't add one.  Any value in the resolution field means the issue is resolved and hence, struck out.  

You should only place the resolution field on transition screens on transitions that move an issue from <any status you think of as "open"> to <any status you think of as "resolved">

Suggest an answer