How do you get /rest/agile/1.0 endpoints with Oauth?

Skyler Fenn October 19, 2017

I've got Oauth configured. I get an 401 unauthorized when I hit the `/rest/agile/1.0` endpoints though. I can access `rest/api/latest/project` endpoints.

Am I missing something? 

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2018

I did some more research into this problem.  It appears that there are a pair of documented bug for this over in

It appears this is something that Jira can't do in the current versions.  While is is not a clear fix in site, there is a work-around listed on one of these of:

Workaround

Setup a proxy and rewrite Access-Control-Request-Method header. See for example: Apache, as a proxy

I hope this helps.

Andy

0 votes
christine ibrahim November 7, 2018

I have the same problem, I am trying to get all boards by calling "rest/agile/1.0/board/" using javascript routine from another application but I always got 401 Authorization Required and "Reason: CORS preflight channel did not succeed", I use Basic authentication method, but when I call rest/api/2/issue/ from the same javascript routine and same application and same authentication method it works good, 

the user I used for basic authentication has "JIRA Software" applicationRoles

could you please tell me what is missing?

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2017

It may be something wrong with particular REST request. Could you please add more details:

• Request type (GET/POST)
  • Full endpoint (GET /rest/agile/1.0/board for example)
  • Request example
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

The REST authentication method should not have any effect on this.  However if the user account that is being referenced in OAuth is only a Jira Core user or Jira Service Desk agent, and not a Jira Software user, then you technically would not have access to the agile/software endpoints in REST.

That is the only thing I can think of that would explain why you can reach the non agile endpoints, but not the agile ones.

I'd recommend checking to make sure that your account is in a group that has been granted access to JIra Software (if in Cloud or Jira 7.x or higher).   Licensing and application access explain how to do this in the web gui.

Suggest an answer