How do you get an issue to be reopened upon mailanswer or comment?

Belinda Pettersson Björklund September 19, 2013

I have tried to find a simple explenation and resolution for this, but i don't seem to find it anywhere.

Is there anyway to simple apply somewhere in Jira to automatically reopen issues upon mailanswer/comment?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2013

Sort of. It's a two-step process though.

First half of it is to use an "auto transition listener". This is a listener that would listen for an event such as "comment", and if it spots one (on a closed issue), it pushes the issue through a re-open transition

The second half is to set up an email inbox to process replies - the default email "handlers" in the system will interpret an incoming mail as a comment if it mentions an issue in the subject line, and that comment will then fire the event which will trigger the listener above

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email and https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JTOOL/Auto+Transition+Listener

Belinda Pettersson Björklund September 19, 2013

I added the Auto Transition Listener in Advanced -> Listeners with

com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.listener.AutoTransitionListener

as Class.

The Values I entered is:

• Action ID 3
  • Event ID 6
  • Only do when current user is in (Multi-) User Picker custom field: false
  • Only do when current user is the Assignee? false
  • Only do when current user is the Reporter? true
  • Only do when current user is the following? false
  • Project Key BO,BPD,WEB,OE,ECOLL,ECOLW,ECOLPO,ECONL,ECOYL,ID,HR,IE,ISS,JS,MAR,PUR,RET
  • Status 4

Project key is for all our projects, so this will be many more in the end :P

Does this look right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2013

Yes, looks right to me (although my memory is unclear on the exact ID numbers of events and actions in the default workflows)

0 votes
Belinda Pettersson Björklund September 25, 2013

Yes it works! :D

Thanks for all the help :)

0 votes
Belinda Pettersson Björklund September 25, 2013

Yes it is working :D

Thanks for all the help :)

Suggest an answer