How do you get JIRA filter results in Confluence to display content instead of the filter query when you generate a .pdf.

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

When I generate a pdf from this page on the Atlassian site: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Confluence+5.0.2+Release+Notes

I see the table with the appropriate text.

When I generate a pdf from a Confluence page in which I've added the filter macro to display release note information, I only see the filter code. How do I get the table to appear with text?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

We are working in Confluence On-Demand.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

For reports that we create using JIRA filters, I did find a way to create a .pdf succesfully.

1. Right-click on the page, and then select Print.
  2. On the Print dialog, change the destination to Save as PDF.
0 votes
Philipp Sendek
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2014

Hey Cheryl,

you might want to have a look into Confluence 5.6 as it contains improvements in the PDF export which might cover your case:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+5.6+Release+Notes#Confluence5.6ReleaseNotes-PDFExportimprovements 

Regards,

Philipp

0 votes
Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

We found a workaround:

1. Right-click on the page that you want to .pdf, and then click Print.
  2. On the Print dialog, change the destination to Save as PDF.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

I'm not sure if this workaround helps you, but may be.

1. Generate a release note PDF file from the JIRA filter using the PDF View Plugin
(extra benefit: you can customize it to your preferred look and content of Release Notes)

2. Attach that PDF file to the Confluence page

3. Display the attachment using an embedded PDF viewer macro in the Confluence page

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Thank you. We started using the JIRA report macro, which did allow me to generate a .pdf. However, we need more options for some of our other release notes. I will try your approach and respond with my results. Thank you.

0 votes
Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2013

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I see that I can generate a .pdf from the Confluence release notes and the table of JIRA issues does appear in the generated file. When looking at the source, it appears that the table may actually be an image? Is the table generated using the filter in JIRA and then captured as an image? Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Suggest an answer