How do you force an issue to be resolved?

Joe Howes November 13, 2017

We have our custom workflow in place, but failed to add a transition post-function which transitioned the issue to "Resolved" on release. Now I have a sprint with a bunch of issues which are actually resolved, but I cannot close the sprint because I cannot figure out how to go back and mark them resolved.

I have tried to add a new state so I can move these issues out of that state and then transition them back in, but the Workflow Builder will not allow that action in a "Draft" workflow.

Is there any way to just force these issue to be resolved? I have scoured Google and the documentation and found mention of an "Issue Resolved" screen, but no mention of how to display it.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Not that I know of. You can copy the workflow then add the transition back to closed.  Then apply the new workflow. I normally have one as sometimes the resolution needs to be changed. I restrict the transition to project leads.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

The workflow editor will let you add a transition back to the same status if you want - you can stick a resolution screen on there, or even just a "set issue value" post-function so you don't have to choose when you use bulk edit.

Suggest an answer