How do you edit a support ticket's customer email address?

Justin Toth July 6, 2016

Every time that someone emails support@mydomain.com, it generates a new support ticket in my JIRA Service Desk project. However I have a number of support tickets that have the wrong customer email address set (I created a separate ticket for that.) My question here is how do I view and edit the customer's email address that is associated to the ticket? To ask it another way, the email address that it sends to when you click "Respond to customer", how do I edit that? Currently it doesn't show this anywhere on the ticket's page.

For that matter, when creating a new ticket I have no way of populating that either.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016

They are created as users. Users have email attributes, so you'd have to edit the user. You would have to have permissions/rights to edit users in your JIRA.

Justin Toth July 6, 2016

How do I change which "user" that is associated to the ticket? Which field is it in the ticket that defines the customer?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016

The Reporter field is responsible. The Request Participants field represents other people added or shared to.

Justin Toth July 6, 2016

Ok thanks!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2016

No problem and I'm glad to help! smile

Suggest an answer